As a good source of organic material for composting, chicken manure processed to fertilizer through compost and granulation can help to solve the problems of flies, maggots, odor and other pollution.
Taking making 1 ton organic fertilizer for instance, Whirlston will introduce a method about how to process chicken manure into organic fertilizer:
- Mixing 800-900kg fresh chicken dung with 50-100kg rice hull and 50kg humic acid uniformly, then adding 5-10kg rice bran (or wheat bran, corn meal and so on) for mixing, evenly spreading on fermentation raw materials, and then stirring equably for pile composting. If you have large amount of materials waiting to mixing, it is better to use professional equipment – horizontal type organic fertilizer blender for fast and even mixing.
- For fertilizer fermentation, C/N ratio should be adjusted to 25-30:1 and PH value should be adjusted to 6-8ph. Due to fresh chicken manure with high moisture, people should add 20% – 30% straw, haulm or mushroom residue together into raw materials, so as to adjusting water content. Remark: if farmers do not want to reduce water content quickly, solid-liquid dewatering machine is a quite good solution for separating the solid chicken dung from the liquid, accelerating the decrease of moisture in manure.
- Creating fermentation pile: the pile should not be too small and too low, which may affect compost effect. Usually, for better fermentation effect, the height is about 0.8m – 1.5m, the width is around 2m, while the length should over 4m.
- Composting the material piles when the temperature of pile is up to 65 Celsius. Here, adopting compost turner machine to turn over the materials (turning once or twice per day during the fermentation process), control chicken manure compost temperature and supplement oxygen required by ferment.
- For better packaging and good market, people can proceed to granulating process with disc pan granulator so as to make granulated organic fertilizer,choosing the suitable granulator depending on raw materials quantity and requirement for production.